Microsoft Acquires GitHub For $7.5B
“… today the company is “all in with open source,” and requested people to judge the company’s commitment to the open source community with its actions in the recent past, today, and in the coming future …” – Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft
It may take decades to undo all the burned bridges caused by DECADES of ridiculing, vilifying, and desperately trying to completely eradicate Open Source. To expect people like me to simply forget is just naive. Given their track record of hostility, this could be a long game where they just shut Github down tomorrow. Time will tell.
The Halloween Documents
And don’t get me started on the ever-increasing problem of the corporate oligarchy which truly runs this country.
‘Empowering’ – yeah, right!
I opened my Github account before they were even available to the public. I can’t even begin to fathom how bad this is going to get. Possible horrors include:
- Github 365
- Git 2019 Enterprise Edition
Perhaps it’s time to retire.
Gamers involved in December’s “swatting” death just got indicted
Swatting is domestic terrorism. Send them all to Guantanamo and lose the key.
YubiKey comes to the iPhone with Mobile SDK for iOS and LastPass support
You should see the smile on my face. Yubikey is a fantastic option for 2FA (second factor authentication), far better than insecure protocols like SMS text messages or email.
Congress wants to extend the copyright on some sound recordings to 144 years
Or more accurately (by the url text) : Orrin Fucking Hatch.
No one lives to 144 years old, and certainly would have no copyright interest in anything they created (namely poop) for that long. No, this is obviously a continuation of the cancer that is Corporate Personhood.
Things in the Public Domain are not “orphaned” and up for adoption by yet another corporation looking to profit from possible copyright lawsuits. There’s so much wrong with that idea that I’m nauseous and may need to go lay down for a while.
All this corporate goatfuckery is going to destroy this country. That, and the social media turning everyone with an opinion into a terrorist, but that’s a topic for another rant.
Great song, fantastic talent and a wonderful rendition – love this!
In this FBI report they conclude that:
Armed and unarmed citizens engaged the shooters in 10 incidents. They safely and successfully ended the shootings in eight of those incidents. Their selfless actions likely saved many lives.
The enhanced threat posed by active shooters and the swiftness with which active shooter incidents unfold support the importance of preparation by law enforcement officers and citizens alike.
It’s so refreshing to hear some recognition that armed citizens help save lives. As did unarmed citizens. Guns are not mandatory in this fight against social chaos and domestic terrorism; however they can be helpful in the hands of the responsible citizens willing to stand up against this threat and defend themselves and all of us. Armed citizens are not the enemy; well, 99.99% of them anyway. Most importantly, those are the ones willing to defend against the remaining 0.01% who seem to want to destroy the world. Make these responsible people your enemy at your own peril.
Rare wooden escalators lead deep down into an otherwise staggeringly monotonous tiled tunnel.
Door Knockers of Cartagena
Change the world … take a vacation (great job Shannon Stowell!)
Yeah, I need to travel more. I’ve taken a few really nice vacations, but I’m well aware how much it’s just the tip of the iceberg this amazing world has to offer. Who wants to tag along?
Peter Thiel and Palantir Are at the Heart of the Iran Nuclear Deal
This quote, referring to the French President, caught my eye:
Macron warned over the weekend that abrogation by the U.S. could lead to war.
US President Trump is expected to announce withdrawal from the Iran nuclear accord today, so I guess we’ll learn more about what Macron was referring to soon enough.
Perhaps it’s time the adults took charge.